Thursday, December 21, 2017

Off The Topic - Sloth's Alaskan Adventure

Several years ago when he was just a wee sloth, Sloth went on one of his favorite adventures - an Alaskan cruise! For this throwback Thursday, follow along with Sloth's Alaskan adventure!


Sloth's Alaskan cruise started in Canada, so the first step was flying there! Sloth made sure to read the safety materials and buckle up before take off.


Of course, before even getting out of the airport, Sloth got into some shenanigans. Silly, Sloth!



After leaving the airport, Sloth was excited to board the boat!


Check out his lanyard!


While on the boat, Sloth got into even more shenanigans. He enjoyed exploring the deck, meeting the characters, eating dessert, and all the fun towel creations that were in the room every night.



One of the first stops on the cruise was in Skagway. While there, Sloth got to go on a lighthouse, totem, and eagle watching cruise.


One of the other stops was in Ketchikan, the salmon capitol of the world!


Unfortunately, the trip had to come to an end, and Sloth had to say goodbye to the ship. He got on the plane again to go home and made sure to retrieve his checked luggage after. (For a small sloth, he sure did bring a lot of stuff!)


In the end, Sloth had a great trip! He loved his Alaskan adventure, and looked forward to many more adventures in the future!


Now it's your turn!


Have you ever been on an Alaskan adventure? 
Let us know in the comments!


20 comments:

  1. Sloth's Alaskan adventure looks wonderful... and also? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this trip. Alaska is a really beautiful state.

      Delete
  2. OMG this is so adorable! I love the pics of Sloth chillaxing in his deck chair and enjoying his dessert. 😆 Hes obviously a very adventurous little guy. So glad you shared! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiersten had thought of this. We haven't featured Sloth in a while so it was fun.

      Delete
  3. THIS IS SO ADORABLE omg. I want to have a sloth just like this one now haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sloth even has a Twitter, but with Kiersten in grad school, he has not been going as many places as he used to. It makes him very sad.

      Delete
  4. Sloth is too funny. Loved all the pictures. I really want to visit Alaska one day, I even have family there so I don’t have an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WLABB loves our mascot, and Alaska was a wonderful summer destination. We were really lucky with the weather too. Usually, there is quite a bit of rain, but we had nothing but blue skies and sunshine until like 10 pm!

      Delete
  5. Yay, awesome pictures. Thank for sharing. I hope you had a wonderful time. 😁❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still remains one of the best vacations I have ever been on.

      Delete
  6. This is TOO adorable! My favorites are Sloth with the statues- they all have perfect looks on their faces, especially with Sloth on them hahah. This trip looks INCREDIBLE! I would love to go to Alaska one of these days- tell Sloth that I'd be happy to travel with him if he needs a buddy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Since your posts always make me smile, I am glad we could return the favor. Alaska is epic! I am so happy I went, even if the summer is NOT when one can see the auroras, but still, it was wonderful.

      Delete
  7. It looks like Sloth had a really great time on his Alaskan adventure. I haven't been on a cruise or as far as Alaska yet. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had to pick my favorite kind of vacation, it would be a cruise. They are so relaxing, and you don't have to schlep anywhere if you don't want to. I would sit out on the deck and read and every time I return from a cruise, I actually feel like I had a vacation.

      Delete
  8. Hahaha-- Thanks for resharing this. I love al lthe sloth photos! I've never been on a cruise before, but I'd love to go on one or two. To Alaska or on the Mediterranian. <3 It's been a few years -- how is sloth holding up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sloth is doing well. Kiersten has expanded the sloth family quite a bit, but he's still #1. Alaska was breathtaking. I am so glad we were able to take that trip, and I love cruises. They are the most relaxing vacations. You can do as little or as much as you want, and you get to see many different places without having to pack up every other day. I am all about that life. Hopefully, I get to go on my riverboat cruise in October.

      Delete
    2. Fingers crossed you will! What river is the cruise on?

      Delete
    3. The Rhine. Starting in Switzerland and ending in Amsterdam. We will also stop in my father's hometown, which I was excited about.

      Delete