Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Author Duos You'd LOVE To See Write A Book Together

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Here at We Live and Breathe Books, two of us choose five books each week. This week's topic is...


Author Duos You'd LOVE To See Write A Book Together!

Noor's Picks

Hey home skillets, I'm flyin' solo for this week's Top Ten Tuesday so all the picks will be Noor's picks whaaaaaat. 
  1. Ransom Riggs and Tahereh Mafi - I just feel like it'd be so cute if they co-authored a book because they're like married author couple goals (honestly they're the cutest people alive I love it) and I'm always here for the whole concept or writing a book with someone who's really close and important to you (such as your spouse). I know their published books aren't totally similar or anything but half the fun of writing is writing new things so it could work. 
  2. Nicola Yoon and Rainbow Rowell - I was blown away by Yoon's Everything, Everything and two of the things I loved about the book were the attachment I developed to the characters and the beautiful way she had of writing, which are also two things I admire in Rowell's work, so I think it'd be cool pair them together. Nicola Yoon is a new author and Rainbow Rowell is a bit more seasoned which I think would make it interesting. 
  3. Marissa Meyer and Rick Riordan - One of them writes futuristic fractured fairytales, one of them writes contemporary heroes about Greek/Roman/Norse/Egyptian/whatever Gods. Put them together and who knows what they could accomplish????? This one is like a crackship but like an author crackship because they have really different writing styles and I'm not sure this'd ever come to fruition or how it'd work but like I'm digging it to be honest. 
  4. Stephanie Perkins and Jennifer E. Smith - I kindof just associate these two authors together in my head??? Like all the time??? I don't know but they both write really cute contemporary YA romances and I love those so like imagine if they wrote one together. I am all about it. I wonder what the cover would like though considering they both have such distinct cover designs. Hmmmmm. 
  5. Neil Gaiman and JK Rowling - The two authors who own the most of my soul collaborating??? I would honestly drop dead before the book came out. I think this would be the best collaboration like I totally think these two would have a really good writing dynamic on the page and could write a killer novel (literally killer like it would kill me I would not breathe). 
  6. Lauren Oliver and Scott Westerfeld - Two interesting dystopian authors, I think the issues I sometimes have with Lauren Oliver could be mended by this pairing and her creativity and ideas could bring a lot to the table. This duo would be really cool, why isn't it a thing yet??
  7. Holly Black and Libba Bray - These are two of the fiercest writers out there and two of my favorites, and I love that they're also friends with each other. My favorite thing ever is authors being homies it just brings me joy and I can 1000% see these two writing a book together. Holly Black's started a series with Cassandra Clare, it's only fitting she writes one with Libba Bray as well. 
  8. Mindy Kaling and David Sedaris - Both hilarious, witty, sharp people, I feel like they could draw from one another's humor and style and create the content we all knew we needed but didn't know how to ask for. 
  9. David Levithan and A.S. King - I mentioned in my review of I Crawl Through It how enamored I was with King's surrealist style in the book. While I realize not all her books are like that, I could still see she had a strong grasp on language and I think David Levithan is another author whose language is superb. A collaboration would be beautiful. 
  10. Stephenie Meyer and E.L. James - The former wrote a fanfic of her own book and published it and the latter wrote a fanfic of the original work and published that and also then published the same book from the other character's point of view which was a thing the former was going to do and got like part of the way through before it leaked on the internet and she stopped writing it out of spite. Basically everything is a hot mess and why not make it a hotter mess??? (I'm not serious about this I just think it'd be funny)
  11. BONUS ROUND: Me (Noor Azeem) and All of the Above (except maybe numbers 10 but if the opportunity presented itself I would probably go with it) - I love all of these people and I love to do the writing things wow this is actually my number one fav duo me featuring my faves!!!!!!
What author duos do you want to see?
Let us know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I just learned that Nicola is a major Rowell fangirl so that team up would be EPIC.

    ReplyDelete