Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Countdown to City of Heavenly Fire: City of Ashes

If you haven't heard, in anticipation of City of Heavenly Fire's release next week (ONLY SEVEN MORE DAYS!!!!)  we are doing a post for each book in The Mortal Instruments series. The posts will be done every other day until City of Heavenly Fire launches. If you missed it, check out the outfits Noor picked out for City of Bones!

For my post, I'll be doing a Cover Cosmetics post (shocking, right?). For this makeup look, I was inspired by ashes (because City of Ashes) and the fiery look of Clary's hair on the cover. I used a fire-colored glitter on the lid and black and silvery gray in the crease. I thought a smokey look was especially appropriate for City of Ashes.

The cover:

The makeup:

Thanks for checking it out and look out for the next countdown post on Thursday!

- Kiersten

What colors inspire you from City of Ashes?
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment