Thursday, December 19, 2013

Review: Dangerous Dream - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Dangerous Dream
Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Series: Dangerous Creatures, #0.5
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Word Rating: SQUEEEEEEE
Goodreads | Amazon

So Dangerous Dream.

To give some background, I actually “SQUEEEEEE”-ed when I found out there was going to be a spin-off to the Beautiful Creatures series. In my dorm room. And then I ran around my room. Then I ran up and down the hall, knocking on doors to find someone who had read the Beautiful Creatures series and could celebrate with me (no one had read it). Basically, I fangirled so hard it hurt and no one understood what was going on. All I wanted to do was squeal with joy and die in a corner because of the wait.

Anyway, it is an understatement to say I was excited for even this novella. Not only was I going to get more of the magical Caster world created by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, but I was also going to get more of my ultimate OTP in the series – Link and Ridley. (SQUEEEE).

The novella is broken up into three parts with three narrators: the first section is first person Ethan; the second, third person Link; the third, third person Ridley. It was great getting some more of that Ethan Wate charm I had so missed since finishing the series, but being able to experience Link and Ridley was even better. In the Beautiful Creatures series there was not enough Linkley, but in Dangerous Dream we got a better understanding of their odd relationship.

Dangerous Dream is by no means substantial – I mean, it is a novella – but it perfectly sets up the scene for Dangerous Creatures (SQUEEEEE). As short as it was, I could not put it down and it definitely left me craving more. I hadn’t realized exactly how much I missed the world Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl created until I was right back in the Caster world as thought no time had passed.

Overall, Dangerous Dream was perfect. It stayed true to the characters and the world I grew to love in the Beautiful Creatures series and it left me dying to see how the story will play out in Dangerous Creatures. I highly recommend this novella for Beautiful Creatures fans – Dangerous Creatures is sure to be a great spin-off.

- Kiersten

What's your opinion on series spin-offs?
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment