Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Live Blogging The House of Hades: Chapters 51-60

Hi, all! So, super sorry that there has been such a long wait for this set of chapters, but I hope it'll have been worth the wait! I'm pretty much the reason that the rest of the chapters for The House of Hades haven't gone up, but it happens. Life has been seriously crazy for me. I'm having a lot of trouble managing my time with all my work. (And let's not even talk about sleep. I don't know what that is.) But now that the production I was working on is done (I admit I'm a bit saddened by that), I am back to reading a bit more! I'm also planning on rolling out a new feature in the near future - hopefully within a week or two! So without further ado, chapters 51 to 60!

So we start off with Leo stranded on a very special island! Can I just say how excited I was when I realized what island this was? I almost died. And also, I SHIP IT SO HARD. It's seriously ridiculous how much I ship this right now. Leo adorableness WILL charm someone in this series some book, and I'm hoping that book is this book.

I have to admit that Leo has some stupid thoughts sometimes though. One in particular: "What surprised Leo most was the surge of anger he felt. It wasn't just annoyance or jealousy. He was mad at Percy for hurting this girl." Ok, Leo. I know you're a softy and all, but Percy had some serious world saving to do. This whole scenario? DEFINITELY WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IF PERCY STAYED ON THE ISLAND. OBVIOUSLY, LEO. GET WITH IT. Of course, Leo must be forgiven because Leo.

If you haven't figured out what mystery island Leo is on and who the mystery girl who lives there is yet, then I'm not sure why you're reading this because it is spoiler filled! But also, it's Calypso! That's right, Odyssey and Sea of Monsters Calypso. Broken hearted, stuck on Ogygia, cursed by the gods Calypso. Yea. And she is a bad bitch. The way she warded off Gaea... damn.

And onto more Leo brilliance! Fire proof pouch? I SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, LEO. YOU ARE A GOOD FRIEND. And also the crystal? YES. SO MUCH OF MY YES. UGH. If only all the characters were this brilliant. I mean, they are in their own ways, but LEO VALDEZ. I seriously forgot how much I loved him in the year between The Mark of Athena and The House of Hades.

Awh. So, Leo's chapters end with a bit of a bittersweet moment, but hopefully everything will get better! I mean, it's good, but awh. Aaawwwwwwwhhhhhh.

Anyway, onto Annabeth! The costume designer in me pretty much freaked out at the description of Nyx: "Her dress was void black, mixed with the colors of a space nebula, as if galaxies were being born in her bodice." UGH. I'm so going to attempt drawing this. Someday. If it ever happens, I'll post it, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. But wow, Annabeth is the cleverest demigod ever born. It hurts. Tartarus tour? Brochure. Stop. Just stop. Rick Riordan, you are a genius. I bow down to your genius *bows*. Well, continuing on, Night certainly has some temper. I mean, is that really necessary? Really? I mean, I GUESS she's kind of a big deal, but still. Percabeth doesn't deserve this. Percabeth rarely gets what they deserve. But going back to the whole Annabeth is a genius thing... she's also a psycho crazy person who is crazy. I mean, I guess if you're in Tartarus, why not just do crazy things. I mean, it can't really get worse...

So some more craziness happens with Percabeth and then we're back to Jason's point of view. This section picks up with what happened to the Argo II after the wind bomb exploded in Piper's chapters. Can I just say that I love Nico in chapter 57?! Nico is perf. Ugh, poor baby. Although Jason isn't one of my favorite characters, I like where the story went with him as a developing character. I thought the whole idea of Jason not waiting for other people do let him do things was a great message.

So during Jason's chapters, we meet back up with Leo. Yay, Leo!!!! Except Leo is super depressed because Calypso and all that. Poor baby. When Frank said that Calypso's original home was somewhere near Malta it almost made me feel like she was meant to go with Leo and it kind of broke my heart a little. Sob. Caleo. I ship it.

And this is the end of my post for chapters 51-60! I know it was super delayed, but share your thoughts on these chapters in the comments! I'd love to hear what you thought of this action packed section!

- Kiersten

No comments:

Post a Comment